Introducing J.O.Y!

7 more Mondays until Christmas!

Guys, I held off falling down the rabbit hole as long as I possibly could, but I have failed.  We are now the owners of an Elf.

Not an Elf-on-the-Shelf, but a Kindness Elf.  I got the idea for the Random-Acts-of-Kindness (RAOK) elf from Orthodox Mom.  I thought it was a perfect way to encourage good behavior in the kids, while still having elf-shenanigan fun.

Hallmark Elf from Amazon
I bought my elf from Amazon, and she arrived recently.  I love how sweet and cuddly she looks and that she's made of washable fleece.  I added wire to her arms and legs to make her more position-able.  We named her J.O.Y. to remind us that real happiness comes from putting Jesus first, Others second, and Yourself last.

 My kids are 5, 4, and 3, and have been talking about Christmas since September.  I think this is a great year to add Christmas tradition.  Let's hope that I have the perseverance (smile).


Random Acts of Kindness Ideas

8x8 and 2x2 mini JOY prints
- 40 RAOK list (Orthodox Mom)

- Christmas Acts of Kindness calendar (Cool Mom Picks)

- colorful candy gift printables (Creative Capital B)

- good list of ideas (Tickles to Giggles)

- popcorn on the redbox (Pinterest)

- 100 Act of Kindness for Kids (Coffee Cups and Crayons)


Elf Printables and Crafts

- rocket ship (Sweet Paper Trail)

- twister game (Frugal Coupon Living)

- props and a calendar of activities (Glamorous Project)

- mini coffee cups (Learning as I Sew)

- hot cocoa stand (Inspiration Made Simple)

- 1:6 scale miniatures (Etsy)

- J.O.Y. printable signs (In Our Pond)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foster-to-Adopt Party Theme Ideas

Fabulous Ideas for a Family Home Theater

100 Indoor Heavy Work Activities to Burn Energy