I am an Amazon Affiliate and Safari Ltd Campaign Blogger. Read my disclosure policy for more information.
Friday, December 16, 2016
s is for snow (year 3, week 13)
We got snow over the weekend, which was perfect for this week's homeschool unit about snow/snowmen/snowflakes/snowangels.
This is our last unit until the New Year!
We stayed home and played in the snow!
My sister came to spend time with us before she goes back to college in the new year. She taught the kids the water cycle and explained how snow is formed.
Auntie was still at our house. She made them pancakes for breakfast and watched them so that I could sleep in. It was amazing!
We looked a micro pictures of snowflakes and talked about their basic designs.
The majority of the family was sick.
Blog Posts About Snow
- w is for winter homeschool unit
- marshmallow counting file folder game
- snow globe roll and cover
- land, sea, and air arctic animal sort
- sorting types of extreme weather
- winter preschool pack
- winter clothes match game
- 3-part cards for the Safari Arctic toob
- snowman pasta snowflake counting
- snowman preschool pack
- snowman learning packs
- snow learning pack
- winter wonderland preschool pack
- Frozen preschool pack
- ice melting experiment
- snowflake slime
- tonging snow balls
- make snowflakes (and experiment)
- how much water is in snow experiment
- footprints in the play dough snow
- frozen salt writing tray
- snowman breakfast
- snowstorm in a bottle
- frozen bubbles
- ice "magic" tricks
- expanding (frozen) liquids experiment
- sugar cube building
- borax snowflakes
- sensory snow