Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Prepping Your Children for Camping


I thought I would be done with Travel Time Tuesday, but I just can't stop!  This week, we're getting ready to go camping with our kids.  As I've been preparing, I thought I'd share some of what I've found with you.


Supplies
- camping chair for kids
- kids bunk bed cots (on the wish list)
- flashlights
- glowsticks
- bug spray (this is the one we like best)
- sunscreen
- camping high chair (we use this every time we're at my parents' house)
*this is not a full list*
Youtube Videos
- Campfire Safety with the H.E.A.T team
- Be a Champ at Camping (safety)
- kids showing parts of camping
- how to put up a tent
- how to make a smore
- how to make a campfire
- Camping with Kids: fire
- Camping with Kids: clothes
- Camping with Kids: activities

Youtube Audiobooks
Curious George Goes Camping
Peppa Pig Goes Camping
- Just Me and My Dad




Books
- S is for Smores (a camping alphabet)
- Biscuit Goes Camping
- Just Me and My Dad
- The Kids Campfire Book
- Amelia Bedelia Goes Camping
- list of 10 camping books recommendations

Activities
- natural paintbrushes
- scavenger hunt printables
- lots of ideas from a seasoned mom
- glow in the dark balls
- playmobile family camping set
- safari vest
- busy bags
- play dough small world

Be sure to check out the great camping preparations and advice from my blogger friend at Every Star is Different!



No comments:

Post a Comment