Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Travel Time Tuesday- Cheap and Easy Chalkboards


This blog is an Amazon Associate.

Today's Travel Time Tuesday idea is not very original.  You don't have to look very long on Pinterest before you see a dollar store cookie sheet used as a lapboard in the car.  After studying all the options, I've come up with my own version.


As you can see, the big difference in my boards and the ones you'll find on Pinterest is the addition of the duct tape.  The green, pink, and blue borders correspond to my kids "assigned" colors.  The other difference is that the chalkboard part of the boards is made out of contact paper.  The boards, duct tape, and chalkboard paper were pretty cheap, and I still have duct tape and contact paper left for future projects.  The contact paper was very easy to cut and place on the board, and the duct tape should make it a little less appealing for picking (hopefully).  I really like the look of them- so cheery and fun.  I still need to add a chalk holder.


Wrap-Up of March Travel Time Tuesday Posts:
- Amazon Wish List (Road Trip Edition)
- Pizza Pretend Play and Count Activity
- Car Busy Bag
- Pirate Maps
- Cheap and Easy Chalkboards

No comments:

Post a Comment