The Easy Way to Clean a Greasy Pot

I've mentioned before that I'm currently in love with baking soda.  So simple.  So cheap.  So effective.  Today, I want to tell you another indispensable way to use baking soda- in dish washing.

A few months ago, I figured out that adding a bit of baking soda to my dish water made my dish soap more effective.  I actually use less dish soap now, but I still get lots of bubbles, which makes me happy.  I keep my baking soda in a little container by the sink so I can sprinkle baking soda wherever I need it.

Did you know you can use baking soda to lift nasty, greasy gunk off your pans?  I felt like such an accomplished housewife when I figured it out.  Just a few minutes of boiling the baking soda and water in the pot makes such a huge difference.  The grease lifts off in a big chunk and the pot is easily scrubbed clean.  This trick alone cut down my dish washing (and procrastinating) time by a lot.

The third way I use baking soda in dish washing is as a mildly abrasive scrubbing powder.  I used to procrastinate cleaning the crock pot, because the stuck on food always took so long to clean.  Then, I discovered (yesterday) that I could add some baking soda to my cleaning cloth and rub that on the crock pot.  As if by magic, the stuck on food lifts off and the crock pot is clean again.

I hope at least one of these tips makes your dish washing easier.








{Mommy Tricks Series}

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foster-to-Adopt Party Theme Ideas

Fabulous Ideas for a Family Home Theater

100 Indoor Heavy Work Activities to Burn Energy