Moving Countdown for Kids

As I've mentioned many times in the last month, our family is getting ready for a move.  Every time, I pack a box, the kids ask me if "we're moving right now."  They really don't want the moving day to be a surprise.  To help them countdown to the big day, I've made a series of 2-D boxes.  Each box has an activity on it that is related to moving, packing, or saying good-bye.  There are 21 printed activities and 1 blank box for families to write in their own special idea.

I'm planning on choosing 7-10 "boxes" for my kids (once we learn our moving date).  I'm going to tape them on our wall in a line, turned over so the activity is a surprise.  Every day, we'll turn over a box and do the activity.  The boxes say things like "decorate a box" or "take a picture of your room."  All 21 activities are easy, child-focused, and free.  When the kids turn over the last box, it will be moving day!

As always, I'm offering this printable for free.  You can download it here.


Comments

  1. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing your printable with us at Merry Monday:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping its a great idea ;-) We still need to test it out. It feels like a great idea. Thanks for hosting the link-up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!

Popular posts from this blog

Foster-to-Adopt Party Theme Ideas

Fabulous Ideas for a Family Home Theater

100 Indoor Heavy Work Activities to Burn Energy