l is for laundry (year 2, week 18)


Our new house has a clothesline already installed in the backyard, which I'm really excited to use.  This week's theme is focusing on the practical activities of doing the laundry, folding, and matching clothes.

Printables:
laundry theme pictures
sock matching file folder game
sock number line (even and odd)
laundry sorting file folder game

Ideas:
clothesline activity
making bubbles experiment
handwashing laundry
matching real socks
folding a wash cloth

I've been staring out at the snow all week and dreaming about my new home.  Of course, I've also been doing a bit of Pinteresting.  Check out some of the great things I've found.  As always, please pin at the original source.

I really love how easy this clothespin bag would be to make.  It's just a pair of jeans, cut off at the crotch, and sewn shut.  A recycled pants hanger makes an easy holder for the bag.  Fill it with pins and hang it on the line.
source

Speaking of clothespins, look at these!  I won't be able to replace all my clothespins right away, but I'm going to buy a pack of them for drying jeans and such.  Eventually, I'd love to get rid of all the regular wood clothespins since they have such a tendency to break apart as you use them.

source

Lastly, I found this tutorial on how to line-dry clothes.  My favorite tip is to sort the clothes as you take them out of the washer and prepare them a certain way to get them ready for line drying.  She also has a video showing "the right way" to hang up clothes to dry.
source

Follow In Our Pond's board "l is for laundry" on Pinterest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foster-to-Adopt Party Theme Ideas

Fabulous Ideas for a Family Home Theater

100 Indoor Heavy Work Activities to Burn Energy