Tuesday, June 16, 2015

DIY Road Trip Games

It's summer time, and we're getting ready for another family road trip.  In preparation, I've been making some activities.
I'm obsessed with the I-spy stuff- bottles, books, bags, whatever.  I've been wanting to make an i-spy rice bag for quite a while.  After I made Dragonfly's space skirt last week, I had some fabric left over.  The window is a reused bag like the kind that sheets come in.  The orange part is felt (so that I wouldn't have to hem around the window).  It ended up being pretty messy, but I'm hoping all those stitches will keep the rice inside.  I also plan on attaching a "contents" card to it.  In case your wondering what I found to put in it, here's the picture:
These are all buttons from my novelty button collection (I'm a bit obsessed).  I even found a sun, moon, Earth, Mars, and Saturn that I think were part of one set.  I thought they were perfect for this project.  Hopefully, this i-spy bag will buy us some time on a ferry on in a restaurant.
Skimmer loves to spin things.  He loves car and train wheels, airplane propellers, the pizza cutter, play dough roller, and DVD cases.  Normally, we discourage him from spinning DVDs, so I thought it would be a special treat for him to get to spin them in the car.  I modge podge the green paper onto some junk disks and added the numbers and letters for visual interest.  I also replaced the cover paper with some fun scrapbook paper to distinguish it from our other movies.
We'll also be taking some games that I made a long time ago- like this tic-tac-toe game.  Click here to read the original post.

These are my other posts on the subject:
I Felt Like It
Pixar Games
Road Trip DIYs
Mickey Color Matching Game
PBJ Game





No comments:

Post a Comment