Showing My Nerd Side


One day, I looked at my kitchen and said, "This isn't me anymore.  And, besides, "coffee shop" is so Pinterest.  What could I do instead?"  I've recently fallen head-over-heels for my sewing machine, so I immediately got online and started looking at fabric.


Suddenly, it all seemed too easy- Star Wars!  I bought the fabric for the curtain at Joann and began planning the other accessories around it.  The fabric had blue and black in it, which was easy to match with some hand towels and dish clothes from Walmart.

It was difficult to decide what to hang in the picture frames, but I soon decided to use this idea from DoodleCraft.  The silhouettes can be obtained for free on her site.  Next, I was off to Amazon for some Geeky gear to line the window sill.

The R2D2 and R2Q5 are salt and pepper shakers.  I'm currently borrowing the Lego Boba Fett alarm clock from my husband until I get the Stormtrooper one for the kitchen.  He also stores his Star Wars tin lunch box on the window sill when he isn't using it for work.

Someday, I think it would be fun to own these measuring cups.  Aside from the curtain being a bit long, I'm really enjoying this new theme.  It makes both myself and my husband smile every time we notice it again.

Now, we're all ready for May the Fourth!

Unless the Empire successfully bans it....







Pin It!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foster-to-Adopt Party Theme Ideas

Fabulous Ideas for a Family Home Theater

100 Indoor Heavy Work Activities to Burn Energy